Questions and Answers

Coordinator
Dec 3, 2009 at 3:04 PM
Edited Dec 3, 2009 at 3:06 PM

I've recieved some questions about this version, I will list them here it might help other people:

Question: I am using Windows 7 on my local computer to open the site with your app.

* Answer: I've tested it on Win 7 beta and release and it works.

Question: I experimented with making a change but when I go to save it in the CSS file I get an exception saying the CSS is in use by another application.

* Answer: I'm not sure about your way in saving to css file, however I recommend that you read this simple guide: http://www.devexpert.net/blog/pt/blog/SharePoint-2007-MOSS-Customization-Too.aspx, if the problem still try to open it as an administrator.

Question: WHen I click File, save as it saves it as an MHT?  Am I supposed to open that back up?

* Answer: You have the ability to save as HTML and MHD as well, and you can open saved files by draging it into the browser area. but you have to load the porject again by File > open > project.

Question: If I use your app to create a CSS file, where would I place that in my site?  How do I get all the new  overrides to take precedence?

*Answer: The best way is to put this file in a document library in your site, and you will have to set a reference to that file in your master page ex: <link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/cssDocLib/StyleSheet.css" />

- Let's assume I want to change the title,  When  I click on the title tit show sup under inner HTML and so on - I can change it but it doesn't get saved anywhere.

* Answer: Saving directly to the HTML is not supported in this version since you are saving to the DOM.